Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Danger Of Using Steroids

My brother has always been pretty fit, but a few years ago he started to be quite dangerous with it. He started taking multiple supplements because he got obsessed with the idea of having a perfect body. While his body did bulk up, several other problems came right along with it.

The first issue he had was the fact that he was always so jittery. If you sat in a room with him for a few minutes you would start to notice his leg shaking or the sound of his keys clanging together as he toyed with them. This is not unusual for most people, but for a guy who sits still like a statue most of the time, it was highly noticeable.

He has a girlfriend and they have always been pretty well-matched, but the Stackers changed that. Instead of complimenting her and being cordial as normal, he constantly found things to argue about. When he lost his temper with her and physically abused her, she did the right thing and exited the relationship right away.

At that point I tried to tell him that what he was doing was highly dangerous and would only lead him down a terrible path. He ignored me and continued using them. He admitted to me that he felt like stopping would mean the end to all of his hard work. I understand where he is coming from in one sense, but there is no law that says you cannot get bulk the healthy way.

A month ago I got a call from my sister about my brother. Apparently, he collapsed and was admitted to the hospital. He was told that there is something wrong with his heart and that the steroid use is to blame. He says now that he regrets the choices he made and he wants to get help for the problem. He has been clean so far, and I am hoping it stays that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment